Sunday, July 1, 2012

Blog Post #9

What I've Learned This Year was a very informative blog post. I read Mr. Joe McClung's post on what he learned his first year of teaching, and I really enjoyed it. Mr. McClung said he was so worried about being assessed by his superiors, that he did not take the time to see if his students understood what he was teaching. I thought he made a great point by saying that, and letting us future teachers know what not to do to our students. I'm also glad Mr. McClung talked about never to stop learning. He states even though you are a teacher you do not have to stop learning, you can learn how to make your lessons you are teaching better for the students.

a plus teacher

I also read Mr. McClung's post on what he learned from his third year of teaching. This was extremely interesting now he had some years under his belt. In this post Mr. McClung reminds us not to get caught up trying to please our superiors so much we forget why we became a teacher in the first place. I think this is very important because he stated this in his previous post about what he learned. I thank him for informing me to keep my focus on the students, and I plan on doing that.

My favorite section of this post was the don't get comfortable part. This part is talking about not settling with your lessons, but finding ways to incorporate different things into the lessons to make them better or easier for the students to understand. You do not want to fall into a routine, because you would not be advancing anymore as far as learning. I plan on being a teacher that does not get comfortable with the way things are. With the information Mr. Joe McClung has posted I now know what to expect when it comes to being a new teacher, and the things you have to over come.

2 comments:

  1. "I read Mr. Joe McClung post..." You need an ' and an s after McClung.

    Well, you know some to expect. But not all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Keilan! I was assigned to your post for C4C. I agree completely that, like Mr. McClung said, our focus should be on our students and not so much about what our superiors are thinking. If you think about it our superiors would be more impressed by us if we taught our children with total and complete focus anyway, so why bother purposely trying to impress them? McClung brings up a great point and I'm glad you took it to heart as well. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete